Interested in becoming a member? Register for our Spring 2019 recruitment and get on our email list now!
Recruitment is a time for us to learn more about you and for you to learn more about our fraternity. Below is a list of our recruitment events for Spring 2019! We highly recommend that you attend as many recruitment events as possible, but do not worry if you have to miss an event. The only requirement is that you interview with us on Friday, February 1, 2019.
Guidelines for attire can be found on our website under "Professional Development," then "Chapter Professional Events." If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to Wil Niesen, our Senior Vice President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is a list of frequently asked questions concerning our recruitment process. If your question is not answered by the information below, please contact Wil Niesen at email@example.com.
- What is Delta Sigma Pi?
- Delta Sigma Pi is a professional fraternity organized to foster the study of business in universities; to encourage scholarship, social activity and the association of students for their mutual advancement by research and practice; to promote closer affiliation between the commercial world and students of commerce, and to further a higher standard of commercial ethics and culture and the civic and commercial welfare of the community.
- How do I join?
- You can register for recruitment using the link above!
- Who can join Delta Sigma Pi?
- The requirements for membership include:
- Enrollment at Clemson University as a full-time student
- For entering freshman you must have a high school GPA above a 3.25/4.0 or 4.2/5.0. For those with at least a semester of college completed, you must have a GPA of at least 2.7/4.0.
- You must be a business, language and international trade, agribusiness and/or graphic communications major.
- You must not be a member of another professional business fraternity.
- You must complete the interview process on Friday, February 1, 2019.
- What do you look for in candidates for membership?
- We look for genuine people who are academically and professionally motivated. Our ideal recruit is someone who is dedicated, motivated, respectful, and intelligent.
- Why should I join a business fraternity? What are the benefits of joining?
- From the moment you join Delta Sigma Pi, you’ll have access to events, conferences, and resources to build your professional skills, leadership abilities, management potential, and character. You’ll learn how to manage your time, how to plan a project or event, how to communicate effectively, and how to become a principled leader who makes a difference in the world. Beyond the skills that will prepare you for your career, you’ll also build friendships that will broaden your perspective and enrich your life for years to come. Unlike other college business groups, your affiliation with Delta Sigma Pi doesn’t end after graduation. We support our members throughout their lives as they seek to make a difference in their jobs, communities, and relationships.
- What is recruitment like?
- Our recruitment process is informal and is designed as a way for recruits to learn about all of the aspects of our brotherhood. Recruitment is supposed to be a way for you to get to know us as much as it is for us to get to know you. Just a reminder, it is not mandatory to attend all events, but we recommend that you attend as many as possible. At the end of the recruitment process, there is a professional interview, on Friday, February 1, 2019. Every recruit that wishes to be considered for membership must go through the interview process on this day.
- What is the required time commitment?
- The pledging process is several weeks long. Successful pledges, now brothers, have treated pledging as an additional class to their schedule. If initiated, the time commitment is not as intensive; however, you do get out what you put into it.
- During the pledging process, you must be free on Wednesdays from 8:30-10:00pm for pledge chapter.
- What is the professional interview like? How do I prepare for my final interview?
- Know your resume and be able to talk about the different things listed on it. Be confident and be yourself! We want to get to know the real YOU! Attend our professional speaker recruitment event for extra practice!
- I have interviewed in a previous semester but didn’t receive a bid. Can I go through recruitment again?
- Yes! If you have previously interviewed with us, but you did not receive a bid, you can interview again. However, you cannot interview more than two times for membership into Delta Sigma Pi.
- Can I be a member of a social/service/academic fraternity or sorority at the same time?
- Yes! We have many brothers involved in social, service, and academic/honor Greek organizations! We encourage brothers to get involved with other organizations across campus and participate in things they are passionate about!
- What if I can't make it to an event/miss an event?
- Events are not mandatory, but it is in your best interest to attend as many as possible for you to get to know the brothers and for them to get to know you. However, you are required to interview with us on Friday, February 1, 2019.
- What if I don’t have professional attire?
- That's okay! Just wear the most professional-looking attire that you have or borrow from a friend or hallmate! However, you will need to invest in a business professional suit for the pledge process and for the semesters to come, if initiated.